Slippery Elm is a species of elm tree native to eastern North America and has been used as an herbal remedy for centuries. It is very safe and non-toxic. The inner bark is dried, powdered, and used medicinally to treat digestive upsets of all varieties. It draws out and eliminates toxins from the body and acts as a lubricant in the colon making it effective in treating any inflammation or ulceration of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Contains vitamins A, C, K, and B complex and is high in calcium and magnesium
- Rich in mucilage - a substance that becomes a slick gel when mixed with water, which coats and soothes the mouth, throat, stomach, and intestines.
- Works as a soothing internal bandage creating a protective lining along the intestinal tract, promoting a healthier, more comfortable digestive process
- Alleviates both diarrhea and constipation
- Relieves ulcers, gastritis, colitis and other inflammatory bowel conditions with its antioxidant property
- Soothes the bladder lining in cases of inflammation (cystitis)
Externally, it can be made into a poultice and used as a healing salve when applied to hot spots, rashes, wounds and other skin conditions.
Quantity per unit: 125 mg per ¼ scoop
(with included scoop)
For dogs & cats: ¼ scoop per 10 lbs (4.54 kg) of body weight
Administer orally once daily to maintain better digestive function.
CAUTION: May slow down the absorption of certain minerals and pharmaceuticals. Best if given 2 hours before or after other herbs or medications.